Bucket


Imagine that you have a bucket list.
Nothing really "formal" or written anywhere,
but still a small mental list of things that you'd like to do,
but even if you don't do them it's still ok.


7 For All Mankind jeans - Yellow t shirt Da Moda - Red striped cardigan Exclusive! - Red flats Franco Sarto - Blue Zara bag 

Last night I had the opportunity to do one of the things on 
that list and it sucked. 
It was an Aerosmith concert.
I love Steven Tyler.
So, it took half a tank of gas to get there and back. 
It took 2 hours in bumper to bumper traffic and I had to park 
on outside the premises on a slope of dirt on a highway.
Then I had to walk on the highway by speeding trucks to get to
the concert (hey we are not a 3rd world country for nothing, we have earned it!)
So, we get to the stadium and it's not full - I mean there's people
but it's not what you'd expect for Aerosmith.
Anyways the band comes out.
They were on stage for about one hour and 40 minutes, sung 16 songs
and left. You know how the crowd always stays cheering wanting another song
and they come back ? Yeah, well that did not happen.
What did happen was:
- Steven Tyler's black bruise on his face was showing
- The crowd was asleep, it's like I don't know why the people there went,
they did not know the songs or even clap! (my friend fell asleep, for real)
- Steven pointed at a guy on the crowd because his arms were crossed and told him to get laid (i thought that was funny).
- People only sung to "I don't wanna miss a thing" and "Jamie`s got a gun"
- He started asking the crowd "What do you want us to sing ?" people did not answer.
-When band members were introduced, they were basically ignored.
- He cursed and cursed, it was obvious he was not happy.
He made an effort but just gave up.

He didn't sing Crazy, Jaded...

It was sad, I have a lot of respect for Steven Tyler in particular as a musician
and can only say that crowds make such a difference and this one sucked too.

SO, the concert is still on my list, last night's did not count.

Do you have a bucket list ?

10 comments

Stacey said...

WOW, I can't believe that. I saw them back in in the early 90's in concert and I had a wondeful time. My favorite song from is Sweet Emotion.

Anonymous said...

Totally crazy! :( It takes so much time, effort, and money to go to a concert too. What a letdown.

Alison at Wardrobe Oxygen said...

Oh what an awful experience! That sounds like when I was able to see the Rolling Stones (a bucket list band). I got in a fender bender on the way, broke my heel as soon as I entered the arena, a drunk guy behind me spilled beer on my shoulder, and the performance was really lame and the guys REALLY showed their age.

Bonnie said...

I don't have a bucket list, but I kind of keep a running tab of my experiences kept in my head. I'm the person who says, "Yes," to almost anything I am asked to do -- as long as it doesn't harm me or anyone else.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Shybiker said...

How sad. The electricity of most performances is the interaction between the performer and the audience, normally with an enthusiastic crowd encouraging the performer. A lame audience isn't doing its job. Sorry the concert wasn't better.

Due to my advanced age, I certainly have a bucket list. Number 47 on it is visiting you again!

wdn th said...

i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member.

and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
u can contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com

wdn th said...

i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member.

and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
u can contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com

JanandJill.com said...

How exciting you got to go to this concert. I definitely need to make a bucket list. How weird that it was such a bad crowd, that's a bummer and why would they not answer!? I'd be soo excited. hehe. You look great in that outfit, I love the red and white striped sweater.
xoDale
savvyspice.net

Unknown said...

Ugg, I hate sucky concerts! A great audience is so important.

I don't have a bucket list- mostly I'm just trying to get through college! Ha! ;)

collagevintage said...

Love the look girl!
xx
S