Vintage skirt

This yellow skirt was part of a vintage load of things that
were handed down to me by my great aunt.

Vintage yellow skirt - Forever 21 blue button down shirt - Qupid rust wedges - Purple bag Kenneth Cole Reaction 

I could not wait to try this skirt, as I loved the fabric, the color and 
the fact that it has pockets.
However, it took me sometime to wear it as it had an odd length 
for me and had to cut off about 3 inches.


So, I finally wore it.
To my dismay the elastic waistband gave me a balloon shape 
and I think the length is still not the right one.
I looked like a yellow sack of potatoes...

How do you think I could have this altered ?
or
Should I just call it quits ?

5 comments

Katie Aman said...

I love this skirt! I actually think it looks great on you- no balloon shape in these photos! These are wonderful colors too-they look so beautiful on you!

Sheila said...

I love the colour and the shape - I think maybe you could go a couple of inches even shorter. I also think that with such a full bottom, you need to wear a less blousy top. A more fitted top might help balance all that fullness on the bottom.

Mica said...

That yellow skirt is gorgeous :) I think you should keep it, it looks really good!


AwayFromTheBlue.blogspot.com.au

Elegance and Mommyhood said...

Lorena, I actually love this skirt. Please DO NOT get rid of it. The color and shape are beautiful. It is now an A-Line Midi-Skirt. Today I am wearing a bold and colorful A-Line Midi. Also Bright Yellow & Bright Blue pair perfectly together. I love this Cobalt Blouse.

ana said...

me encanta como la combinaste Lore!