Chance

These days I am wearing Chance by Chanel.
This perfume has been around for quite some time.
It was a gift that I received about 2 years ago...
thought it was about time I got to it.


Finally decided to try it and although it smells spectacularly good...
it is wayyy to subtle.
There´s notes of lemon, white musk, vanilla, iris, fresh vetiver...
I have been wearing it for over a week and have not received a single
comment or compliment on it - also the worst part is that I do not even
smell it on myself, which is a real shame.
Maybe it is my skin ph or maybe the fact that it sat in a
box for over two years...
Maybe you have had better luck with it, have you tried it ?

4 comments

Lisa said...

It may be that the perfume has aged. It sounds like its smells good...I need to try it out.

Kristen said...

I hate to say it, but it's probably not any good after two years. I had that one a while ago, a gift from my husband, and it was lovely. He definitely liked it. ;-)

Mica said...

Shame it doesn't smell very strongly, as it sounds lovely! I hope perfume doesn't loose it's smell over time - I often take years to go through scents as I rotate frequently!

Anonymous said...

Hmm, most of my fragrances are more than 2 years old. I would think that since it was still in the box and protected from light, it would still be fine, but maybe not. Maybe it is you. :( I know I've tried fragrances that are difficult to smell on myself, or some that I like on others but really dislike when I wear them. Maybe you're on to something about the skin pH.