Your thing

Black slip dress Topshop similar here-  - Black cap toe flats Zara similar under 10.00 USD here

Polka dot button down shirt Available - Silver ring necklace Agatha Paris similar here

A few weeks ago a friend asked me to help her find a dress for a wedding. We went to several stores and in between dress picks for her, I also looked at stuff for me. She would also randomly stop and pick garments for me (like I need that...). She chose a garment for me that had a very odd cut, which of course, I liked. I said to her "It's so different.." she smiled and said "Unusual clothing is your thing.." I have to admit that sometimes it is. So, what's your thing when it comes to clothing ? IS there something in particular you look for ?
Linking up to E&M and The Mix

9 comments

Óscar said...

¡Hola, Lorena! Estoy totalmente de acuerdo con eso de la "ropa inusual"... Habitualmente me gusta introducir toques de color o de estampado en mis looks, mientras que otros días soy muy monocromático. Depende de lo que me apetezca cada día, en el fondo no hay más!

Un abrazo,
Le Style et Moi

withwonderandwhimsy said...

Such a chic and classic look. And I like the whimsy brought on by the dotted blouse. The something I look for when shopping is embellishment. I love special little design details that elevate a piece from basic to memorable.

<3 Liz
www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

Courtney Erin said...

I think mine has to be that something is black or dark in color - that seems to be my main theme!

Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

Jodie's Touch of Style said...

I really like the unique items too! I think, at least for me, as I've gotten older, I want to stand out instead of look like everyone else!!
jodie
www.jtouchofstyle.com

Margot said...

Such a nice outfit !
love the black dress.
wish you all the best for this new year.
xx,
Margot
https://troughthepasturesofthesky.com/

melange boutique said...

So nice casual, love details on the outfit

Melange-Boutique Blog || Instgram

Mica said...

I like the layering with the printed shirt! :)

I haven't really been able to identify that one thing I look for when shopping or that sums up my style. It used to be jeans but I've been actively trying to get away from wearing them all the time!


Hope you've had a lovely start to 2017.


Away From The Blue Blog | 5 Year Blogaversary Giveaway

A Very Sweet Blog said...

I super love that outfit on you Lorena. I have to try that! I think I've given away so many slip dresses since I've gotten older. Only to know they could've been styled with a top underneath. I like your style. You're not scared to try something different. I'm very classic. So I don't veer too much.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

LyddieGal said...

That is a nice 'thing', I was just listening to a program on how much other people influence our lives, even without us realizing, and it made me think about how blogging has changed my style a great deal and made me wonder if I even have my own style, or if it's just a product of what I see around me.

SO you should feel good that you've got your own thing.