The Nina Ricci Handbag

Black printed trousers Wild Girl, similar - Bite Back collar white button down shirt, other fun collar shirt 
Nude heels Sam Edelman, similar - Black bag Nina Ricci - Round sunglasses Forever 21


During my three month shopping ban I did not do what I had originally set out to: wear the NWT garments in the closet and do a lot of editing. 
Happens I did not wear the new with tags items as most were tight and many were destined for cocktail events, which I did not have. Since I am over my usual weight, I also felt it was not the right time to edit as I could have regrets in the future. 
One thing I did partially go through were my hand bags. I say partially, because they are stored in three places as I've run out of space in the closet. One of the bags I came across is this black Nina Ricci hand bag, which I have been wearing lately and that had not been worn in 8 years. In fact it's a lot smaller than I remembered it was. The idea of an item just sitting there, taking up space for eight years makes absolutely no sense in my head. However if I recall correctly it was my first designer bag and this justifies its existence. While I am not sure if I will hold on to it much longer, lately I've been wearing it non stop... Tell me about your first designer bag.
Linking up to Oh, Hey Girl! +  I Do DeClaire



8 comments

Straight A Style said...

Cool bag! I love your bow tie top too. I always love a good black and white look.

Amy Ann
Straight A Style

Courtney Erin said...

I have a couple of Micheal Kors purses but that's it for me and designer purses. I tend to put my handbags through hell so I usually opt for lower cost ones where I don't have to worry about damaging them!

Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

Oh to Be a Muse said...

OMG, I can't get over the super cute collar detail.

Aria Di Bari said...

This Nina Ricci bag is such a lovely bag!

http://ariadibari.com

Sheila said...

I don't do designer bags at all - Danier Leather is the closest I've had. I just got rid of 2 bags because I only use one!

I love this fun shirt - what a fabulous detail. Great outfit, Lorena!

Natalie S said...

Me encanta! Tiene algo que me recuerda al estilo francés.

LyddieGal said...

What are we considering to be designer bags? I feel like my Linea Pelle bag was the first bag I spent a lot ($300) on, though I don't carry it as much now because it is light colored and looks dirty and I don't know how to clean it. Every time I look up leather cleaners half the people says it's great and the other say it ruined their things...

I could probably stand to downsize my bag collection a bit. I know I should stop getting new ones because I've got so many and don't switch them out that much!
Chic on the Cheap

Mica said...

My Chloe paddington was my first designer bag. I'd bought a few Guess and Mimco ones, but that was the first 'luxury designer' purchase. While I really don't use it anywhere near as much as I used to when I got it 10 or 11 years ago, I have sold it and regretted it and luckily was able to buy it back from the buyer. It will always be an emotional piece for me, for many many reasons.

I tend to buy more mid-range designers now, that way I can get more for my money, and we all know I like to buy a lot of bags, ha!


Away From The Blue Blog