Purple lace

Purple lace dress Lovely Day USA, similar, another similar one here - Black printed tights 

Black quilted bucket bag Love Moschino, almost identical here 

Black patent bow flats Kate Spade, similar here 

 

Meet the the purple lace dress. Here is the story of yet another a garment that has been hanging in the closet unworn for at least 7 years. If I recall correctly I bought it for a Christmas celebration and then wore it to a family dinner, that's itI know I tried it on about two months ago but decided not to wear as it was too short. Then it just hung there until today when I decided to add tights and wear it to work. While its not a favourite, it got me through the day.
Linking up to E&M

14 comments

Laura B said...

Glad it got pulled from your closet and worn! I think it is a beautiful dress and looks lovely on you!

Brooke said...

I have dresses like that in my closet too. I love that you're challenging yourself to get wear out of them!

Brooke
pumps and push-ups

Closet Fashionista said...

I love that dress! It's such a great color. Hopefully you'll break it out a bit more now
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Anonymous said...

Nice tights, dress :)

Straight A Style said...

Love the pretty shade of purple!

Amy Ann
Straight A Style

So Alice said...

You look stunning in this dress my dear,I love your necklace :-)

Sheila said...

I had a purple lace dress for a few years (same colour) and it was also really, really short - I only ever wore it with tights because of that. I just gave it away recently, but your dress makes me miss it. Love it!

So happy to see you wearing some of these "closet orphans", Lorena!

Unknown said...

This dress is so cute! I love the color and lace!

http://violettedaily.com

Unknown said...

Thanks for the interesting post! Have a nice day)

Beauty Unearthly said...

I love your dress, thanks for sharing, you look stunning!!!

Courtney Erin said...

I personally think that dress is amazing and you look stunning in it! I hope you get some more wear out of it.

Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

Mica said...

I hope you wear this dress more often as it's stunning! I love the colour! :)

The printed tights are very un with it too - but if you're worried it's too short and you weren't so impressed when you wore it maybe it won't hang around long in your wardrobe? Shame as it is very pretty!



Away From The Blue Blog

Lydia said...

I think it's a pretty cute vest, and statement sleeves are coming back anyway, haha.
http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com

A Very Sweet Blog said...

I'm glad you're wearing it now! That shade of purple looks fabulous on you.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/