Ethnic backpack

Raw hem jeans Miss Sixty - Red vintage sweatshirt Benetton, similar by Champion - Ethnic backpack from Peru, similar

Mustard suede peep toe heels Zara, similar mules here - Ethnic backpack from Peru, similar in blue


I am a fan of ethnic fashion and love to see it on others, but when it comes to me I prefer it in small dosis. Like today, when the bag of choice was this ethnic colourful Peruvian backpack which I've had for a little over a year and yet its never been worn. 
As much as I love the color and how light this backpack is, wearing it reminded me of why I don't carry this type of bag. It's impractical, slouchy, with very little compartments and the drawstring is just not doing it for me. Plus, I had a bad experience in Paris while carrying a backpack. So, if you've been around you know what this sounds like: first and last wear. What's your take on ethnic trends and on backpack bags ? 

Linking up to E&M


5 comments

backinstyle said...

Love that colorful vintage sweatshirt! I used to carry a backpack frequently, and they can be a nice option, but I didn't feel quite comfortable in crowded places with it on my back. I found myself slinging it over one shoulder, (not so great on the back if it's heavy and stuffed). I usually opt for a short handled tote with a small clutch for essentials inside, now.

Sheila said...

I'm not a fan of these type of backpacks. I need secure compartments (with zippers) externally and internally, and I hate big drawstrings and non-structured bags, regardless of what they're made of or where they come from.


Ah, "our" shoes. Always nice to see them. I don't miss mine, though.

Mica said...

It's a shame you aren't keeping it as it does look like a fun bag, so colourful! :)

It's all about functionality with bags for me, even more so now with the little ones. I couldn't use a backpack as I need things I can get into with one hand, preferably that don't swing around to hit one of the toddlers when I bend down to pick them up (usually means I pick a cross body bag to wear!)


Hope you are having a lovely week.

Away From The Blue Blog

Patricia said...

I love colourful patterns and I love ethnic trends, specially on acessories!
That bag is super cute :D
xx

https://naturallyfreesoul.com/

L.E.N K said...

Stunning! Love every detail you picked up!
http://fetish-tokyo.blogspot.com/